Far Far Awayyyyy......

Good Morning Crafty Friends!
 I'm here today to share my latest card using one of the new release Digi Winnie's. Ive used Faraway Winnie. I know I said in my last post about being a stamping girl ...BUT ....I just couldn't wait for her to become available as a stamp. She's just gorgeous.

Do you struggle with Digi's? 
 I do, because I use watercolour paper and it is too thick to go through my printer, but below is a little step by step on how I master it.
I hope it helps you too :D

Once you have downloaded your image to your laptop/Ipad, open up in the program you use. I have a MacBook so I use 'Pages' to do this. Resize to the size you are happy with and click on print. This then should bring up the printing box and show you the size it will be printed onto the A4 paper. My printer is a HP Officejet Pro 6830. Also outlined in pink is the Opacity. If like me you don't like your images to be jet black, you can alter the percentage to a greyer shade.
Once you are happy with the settings click print on normal A4 paper. It may take a few attempts until you are happy with the size and depth of the image.

I then cut out a piece of my Water Colour paper and tape over the pre-printed image.
For colouring I use Bockingford Hotpressed extra smooth.
Once taped over the image, put back into the printer tray and click print. NOTE..Remember to put in correct way so the image prints in the exact same spot as the previous and onto the Water Colour Paper.
Yes! Voila.... This is how it should look and you are all ready to paint :D
and so it begins.
I colour with Distress Inks and occasionally Distress Pens


Papers used are Beau Paperie Belle. Flowers I handmade and dies are from my stash.
Oh and here are the rest of the gorgeous MUST HAVE release 


Thankyou for stopping by and I hope Ive helped you attempt a Digi image 
Hugs



6 comments:

Tracey T said...

Gorgeous, Debbie and a great tip. Hadn't thought of this so will definitely try it x

Patty O'Malley said...

Your card is beautiful, Debbie! I am not a fan of digi stamps--I prefer the traditional clear or rubber stamps. I am not tech savvy so it seems like a lot of work to get a digi printed image.

Tammy Stamp This! said...

LOVE this! so beautiful. Your flowers are stunning, coloring magnificent just wow!
The question I have is the tassel, did you make that or get it from somewhere? I would love to know where you got it/or if you made it how you did it. Truly is an amazing project-gotta love winnie

Lisa Andersson said...

Stunning card, Debbie. Love the way you colour and all the cute die cuts.
Hugs, Lisa

Debbie Dolphin said...

Tammy Thankyou for your words. The tassel is a die I made from paper. There are a few tassel dies out there. Marianne do one and this is a doohickey by magnolia

Jane Savage said...

Stunningly beautiful! Those soft, delicate colours are perfect! Great tutorial too! xx

01 09 10