A Midweek Reminder and a Proud Mama Moment

 Hi There
Im still here...I think!!..just Christmased out!!!!Hee hee..No Ive been up to my eyes in Christmas work behind the scenes recently..
 
Today to share is a verrryyyy late card for the Ribbon Girls Challenge to include numbers. (Sorry Im so late Mary :D)
Ive used a beautiful image from LOTV 'Skipping'. I wanted to give her more of an aged ,vintage look so I painted her with Distress Ink Walnut Stain..
.
For the shape of my card Ive used a Go Kreate die- Flower

 I feel to be struggling with my cards recently. Im going through a 'less is more' stage and not wanting to add anything much or overload it, but at the same time I want to use all the beautiful embellishments I have but cant. I also love all the amazing dies out there. The flowers here I have made using a Marianne Die.
 
All Ribbon and Lace is from the Ribbon Girls
Dies are DooHickeys by Magnolia
Papers-Magnolia
all available from Sir Stampalot
 
Before I go I want to share my proud Mama moment with you all.
He's my little star
(Well big!! all 6ft 4'' of him)
I pinched this picture from the local paper (He will kill me but hopefully he wont come here :D)
This was from his GCSE results...Now onto the A levels!!! EEkeeeek
 
Thanks so much for visiting me today
Hugs
 
 

9 comments:

Sol said...

You must be so Proud of your son!!!! Well done! :o)
Gorgeous Coloring on your card... I think the card is Beautiful!!! Amazing Coloring.. And color too.. Great Details and I love your home made flowers! :o)

Sammy said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! And I know what you mean with less is more... It's probably while I'm alternating between simple and embellished all the time at the moment!

And those are *fantastic* results! You're right to be proud!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow Debbie,what a beautiful card are you showing. I love what you did with the background,I think that gives the image an "old"look in combination with the way you coloured the girl.And congratulations with your son,nothing wrong with being proud ;p greetings Miranda

Ribbon Girl said...

Congratulations Callum - well done!! (and you've every right to be a proud Mama!!) hugs Mary x

Hennie Kloppenburg said...

Very beautiful card! Congratulations with your son!
Hennie

janieworkum said...

Wat een schitterende creatie Debbie, super
groetjes Janie

Elena F Scrap said...

WOW Congrats Debbie; for your card, because is exceptional like allways and for your son. Elena F.

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Debbie & what a proud moment for you. Well done Callum.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Serena said...

Hi, Debbie
I discovered your site via a link from Weekly Scrapper. Just had to let you know that I've seen a lot of handmade cards, but yours are some of the very best I've ever seen. You do such a great job layering. Keep up the great work :0)
Congratulations to you on your son's achievement. You must be so proud!

01 09 10